Saturday, January 30, 2010

Brownie and Candy

I awoke to a squealing of barks. Had they brought a new puppy home? Was I going to be thrown out for this newbie? I cowered as I leaped gracefully but loudly down the stairs. I heard a shush and crept down to see what the big deal was. A puppy! A newborn cute itty-bitty puppy! My owner swiftly told me everything.

My mother had had a new puppy! A sister for me! I gave myself "Big Brother" award in my mind. Her squeaks were earsplitting but I ignored them and crept over to the crib. When she saw me she squealed louder then started bawling. I ran over to Rosy, who was in a corner with his paws over his ears and hid under the big floppy tail of his. He then whispered in my ear about how all the pets wouldn't care about me anymore.

I sulked away to the crib again because she had calmed down and I got a better look. "She's as cute as candy."

"What's her name?" I asked.

"We left it to you, Mr. Big Brother," my owner answered.

I named her Candy. Candy did squealing in response. Then Rosy came over and apologized for trying to make me dislike Candy. I said it was okay and trotted off with Candy. I eyed the time machine and took Rosy over to it. I pulled the lever and once again went the strange clouds.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment